Advertisement

Harden says he could 'barely see' after sustaining eye injury in first quarter of Game 2

Harden says he could 'barely see' after sustaining eye injury in first quarter of Game 2 OAKLAND -- James Harden's Game 2 got off to a rough start Tuesday night. The Rockets' star headed to the locker room midway through the first quarter, after he was poked in both eyes by Draymond Green. Though Harden returned in the second quarter, he certainly looked worse for wear.

Amazingly, Harden finished the game with 29 points, all of which he scored after the injury. Even more amazing considering he said after the game that he could barely see.

"I can barely see," Harden said. "Just tried to go out there and do what I can to help my teammates."

Draymond checked on Harden after the play as he headed to the locker room, and spoke about the incident with reporters after the game.

"We was fighting for a rebound and I made a mistake and hit him in his eye," Green said. "Just checked on him. It's not about hurting anybody out here. So many people forget when a guy has an injury he lives that every day, every second of every day it's not just about this game. So if his eye is messed up, he's got to live that every day. So I just wanted to check on the guy, because at the end of the day it's bigger than basketball when it comes to injuries."

Harden didn't have much more to say on the matter.

"I mean, what you want me to say? He asked me if I was all right. I was like, 'yeah.'"

#KNBR,james harden,blind,eye injury,golden state warriors,houston rockets,draymond green,

Post a Comment

0 Comments