Advertisement

BMW - Are OEM Parts always better?

BMW - Are OEM Parts always better? I have always recommended that OEM BMW parts are used in any repairs made on my website as we cannot be sure of the quality of an aftermarket part. This has served me well over the years with no failure of new parts, and it is perfectly true that if you buy anything other than an OEm MAF you will be in big trouble! However, I thought it might be worth checking an aftermarket expansion-tank against the OEM version which failed on my E31.

I have a look at a BMW expansion-tank and an aftermarket expansion-tank for the E31, E38 and E39, Sureley there would be corners cut for a part that is almost a third of the price? The OEM expansion-tank has all sorts of bits and bobs inside it and it serves an important function in auto-bleeding the cooling system.

To find out I cut apart both a BMW tank and an aftermarket tank and was quite surprised to see what was inside the aftermarket version.

Timms BMW Repairs and Information,BMW expansion tank,BMW 840ci,BMW 850ci,BMW 730i,BMW 735i,BMW 740i,BMW 750i,BMW OEM Parts,Are BMW OEM parts better?,BMW M60 Engine,BMW M62 Engine,BMW M70 Engine,BMW M73 Engine,

Post a Comment

0 Comments