Watch for a countdown on seven ways how to stop wasting your life away The Other Side of Life by Michael Unks-Affiliate Link to Amazon listed below..
There are many helpful tips out there on how to avoid wasting your life away. Please feel free to add to the discussion by sharing your favorite tip from this video, and adding tips that we didn’t discuss in this video.
7. Eat more Humble Pie. When we hear about eating humble pie it usually has a negative association to it. As in you were offered help with your problem, but insisted you can do it on your own. Then you failed miserably, and have to eat humble pie and admit you needed help after all.
I’ve noticed too many people waste their lives because they have too much pride. They can’t admit when they are wrong, can’t let people help them, and they often feel stuck and miserable because of it. Start eating humble pie today. Admit you’re not perfect, admit when you’re wrong, accept help when needed.
6. Have more uncomfortable conversations
Tim Ferriss has said, “A person’s success in life can usually be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations he or she is willing to have.” I’ve noticed being truthful with other people and being truthful with ourselves can make us incredibly uncomfortable. And because we tend to avoid what makes us uncomfortable, our success in life is hindered.
5. Test your Glue. I’ll never forget this one woman I encountered while doing an internship at a hospital in my last year of graduate school. She had been in bed for days feeling lethargic and depressed. Doctors encouraged her to get up, walk around and socialize with other patients.
But she kept refusing, stating, “I can’t. I’m glued to the bed.” Now, she wasn’t literally glued to the bed, but in her mind she was. Because she believed she was stuck, she didn’t even attempt to move. I think we all have this mental glue that keeps us stuck in life. It’s often an insecurity, I’m not talented enough, I’m not attractive enough, I’m too young, I’m too old, I don’t have enough money, I’m not creative enough, I’m not lucky enough.
But like that women in the hospital, could the glue be in your imagination? Why not test your glue? Why not try getting up out of bed to overcome your insecurities and develop your weaknesses?
4. Accept you’re not the sun. A lot of our frustration and disappointment stems from believing we are the center of the universe and the world revolves around us.
3. Stop Being Nice. Start being kind.
To me nice is when you’re being helpful and considerate with strings attached. As in you’ll be friendly as long as the other person is friendly. You’ll be helpful at work as long as it leads to a future promotion. When nice people don’t get what they expected, they are subject to change their behavior to match the other person. With this mentality, you’re character can’t be developed
To me kind is when you’re helpful and considerate not because you’ll receive something, but because it’s part of your character. It’s who you are. You forgive, even when they don’t forgive you. You’re patient with people, even when they aren’t patient with you. You give to others and don’t worry and stress about receiving an equal portion back. With this mentality, you’re character CAN be developed.
2. Put your heart into it.
It was Mother Teresa who said, “It’s not what you do, but how much love you put into it that matters.”
Make the effort to consume less and create more. Create more art, create new experiences by stepping out of your comfort zone, and create more memorable moments with people who matter most to you.
Subscribe today by hitting the link below...
The Other Side of Life by Michael Unks-Affiliate Link to Amazon listed below..
If you’ve been enjoying the animation style videos I’ve been making then check out the playlist for it!
If you’re interested in one-on-one coaching, send me an email at unksmichael@gmail.com
Here's the link to a free audio version of my best selling book "Awesome in Hours"
If you liked this video and want more videos like it I make videos each week and will be taking video suggestions from you.
Subscribe today by hitting the link below...
If you enjoyed this video..here is the link to share with your friends!
7 Ways How to Stop Wasting Your Life Away

0 Comments