Advertisement

All Ferro Rods Should Have A Point On Them!

All Ferro Rods Should Have A Point On Them! If you pin tinder down with a ferro rod and then scrape sparks down onto that tinder, many times the flat bottom of the rod will slip and kick out. To overcome this, I usually have to press down and grind through the tinder until the rod's flat gets to the more solid surface below. Also, I'm forced to use the ferro rod in a more upright position... a position that feels uncomfortable and that I know is much less effective.
In today's video I use my drill and grinder to make 2 of my keychain ferro rods pointy. I tried a pointy rod out with the same test that I used in yesterday's video (see Link below)... How few strikes of the Ferro Rod will it take to ignite 5 Pine Needles Tinder bundles? Yesterday's results were 15 strikes. Come see what a big difference that point made in today's experiment.

Yesterday's video:
How I Pine Needle


Ferro Rod Playlist

ferro rod,ferrocerium rod,how to ferro rod,pine needles,strikes tinder bundles,point,grind point,playlist,

Post a Comment

0 Comments